Saturday, August 27, 2005

Once upon a time...





















So we went to see Brothers Grimm yesterday. I am a huge fan of Gilliam's movies and been looking forward to this since I heard about it. But as time passed i was not so sure due to some of the things I was hearing from friends working on it , such as Miramax changing things at the last minute as if to sabotage the film and various other problems with the director.

Well the movie was pretty fun , mainly due to some exceptional performances from some of the actors. Matt Damon and Heather Ladger both give great performances , and they have that screen chemistry Villiam Vaughn and Owen Wilson seem to have. But to me the best performance was of Peter Stormare , whom I am a big fan of ever since Fargo and Jonathan Pryce who gave the best ever french general performance I have seen. Every scene they were on together is golden. (especially for animation ref)

To make the long story short , Its worth seeing if you are into Gilliam's movies. Its not his best but its definitely not as bad as the critics say it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home