Thursday, February 23, 2006

How to color code your keyframes in the Maya timeline.

This is an excellent trick i read about recently.

using the way below you can color code your keyframes in the timeline so it will make much more sense when you are looking at it. here is how:

1. Select Window > Settings/Preferences > Colors > Animation.
2. Choose a Time Slider Tick Special color and click Save.
3. In the Graph Editor, select the keyframe(s) you want drawn in the Time Slider Tick Special color (i.e. all the golden poses).
4. In the Command Line or Script Editor, enter the keyframe MEL command:

keyframe -tds on;

enjoy!
-A

2 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Nimatron said...

Great tip! Thanks Ali. :)

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I got a question regarding the tick on
the timeline. It disappears when I extend my monitor to 2. It comes back when I set my monitor to 1. I'm not sure why this is happening. I just reinstall windows. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home