Tuesday, September 20, 2005

3 pages a day...





















So I just found out about this interesting technique that is amazingly helpful. Chances are you have trouble focusing on your work all the time like the rest of the population due to the fact that our brain keeps repeating all those little problems like "did I pay the bills , wtf was that sound in the car , did I forget to lock the front door , will I ever be able to finish this anim" etc. All those add up and mess up your concentration and creativity.

here is the easy simple fix:

When you wake up in the morning , before you do anything else , write down three pages of whatever is on your mind. Just put it on paper , if you have nothing to write just write "i have nothing to write" for three pages. Doesnt have to make sense , doesnt need to be a story , its just a brain dump. Do it for three days and you'll be amazed how you ever lived without it. It REALLY does make a difference.

The friend who recommended this to me read about it in a book called "The Artists Way" by Julia Cameron.

1 Comments:

At 3:56 AM, Blogger rybeck said...

I am starting RIGHT NOW..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home